Friday, May 16, 2008

With deepest apologies to all you who have some sort of vested interest in the writing of this blog I am ready to write. Some of the Official Friends of the Blog have told me that they are starting/have restarted/will be restarting blogs because they need to make themselves write (for various reasons). I believe this to be an admirable goal and in that spirit I would like to offer you a semi-firm promise that I will write these epistles to you at least once a week.

I'm somewhat hesitant to write to you about semi-important things. mostly because semi-important things tend to make people upset and then they leave comments that are questioning, or they send me emails about how I'm wrong, or they leaving burning bags of dog poop on my front porch - I don't like burning bags of dog poop.

But I actually do think about important things - like world peace and tree huggers and global economy, the state (or lack thereof) of christian education, problems with a belief system that doesn't support rational thought, or even what you were wearing today - I think about that a lot, mostly to mock you.

So I warn you, there may be IMPORTANT (notice the capitalization and emphasize the word accordingly in your own mind) things in store for this blog. I'm going to marry "The Huffington Post," "The New York Post," "Wired," and "Slate" and add in my own take on other stuff.

Ok, have a nice life
until next time
this is Jaron - spokesperson for J.R. Ledgerwood
signing off.

No comments: