Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Toast (I promise its only bubbling grape juice - really, truthfully, I don't even know where to buy Dom Perignon) [Assembly Instructions included]

[WARNING: Reading of this post has been proven to lower your IQ to the level of a mud rat. It has also been proven that the author was not of sane mind during its composition due to the level of cheap chocolate-frosted doughnuts consumed before, during and after its writing. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]

[Impressario]
Ladies and Gentleman
Today is THE DAY
Today is the day that we have been waiting for for decades
When your fathers
[Satirical Aside]
(and mothers -because we wouldn't want this blog to degenerate into chauvinistic demagoguery) were but children, they dreamed of this day.
They would spend hours talking, arguing,
[Astronomical reference]
probing the very cosmos itself, to find all possible avenues that would arrive at this day.
And now that it is here - [Daydreaming]

[Philisophic aside {Nihilism!}]
Well I guess its just here. And then tomorrow comes and then the next day.

[Nursery Rhyming]
This is the way the world goes round
the world goes round
the world goes round
This is the way the world goes round
All in the morning

[Storytelling]
I am, of course, speaking of the resignation of that revolutionary
[Hissing Sounding]
Fidel Cassssssssstro, as president (read: Dictator) of Cuba
[More Daydreaming]
that land of fine (so I've been told) cigars and music and mojitos,
[Sicko reference! {Michael Moore Shoutout!!}]
and also better health care than the US
[Resume Storytelling with a renewed sense of honesty and personal revelation]
I am of course exaggerating a slight bit, the only people who have been dreaming of this day for decades are the
[Name-Dropping to establish bona fides as an intelligent, well studied personage]
Kennedy family and the city of Miami,
[Revelation of Political Stance to encourage discussion/hatred/leaving of comments]
and as an right-leaning independent neither of those two demographic groups can make me evince the slightest degree of interest in their dreams, hopes, wishes or desires.

[Conclusioning]
So here's to the downfall of
[More Hissing]
Cassssssssstro
and here's to reading about
[Friend shoutout in an absurd, pathetically desperate attempt to promote readership]
[Also, use of linking to demonstrate that I'm technologically savvy enough to link to other people, and that I actually have a life too lead]
Lindsey on Heather's blog

[Another pathetic attempt to be profound, only this time, its in the form of a ritualistic blessing]
May your days be shiny
Your nights be soft
Your friends funny
and your enemies slobs

May you always enjoy your food
And may your work never get in the way of reading my posts

[Sportscenter reference {Stu Scott!}]
BOO-YEAH

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, um...I kinda feel like a mud rat.

Heather said...

I appreciate the shoutout. And am amused by the fact that you link to me not on a day when I explore the wonders of modern food or literature, but on the day I berate Lindsay Lohan for posing naked.

People are gonna get the wrong idea...

Keep this up, and I may have to blogroll you.

Anonymous said...

Joshua, I love you. Let this post stand as an inexorable demonstration of the causes for said love. (Oh, and turn on your RSS, so I can get your posts without hacking the 'net over here.)